AMES, Iowa - Iowa State University graduate programs in agricultural engineering, higher education administration, analytical chemistry, statistics and printmaking rank among the country's top 20 graduate programs, according to rankings published today by U.S. News and World Report magazine.
Iowa State's top rankings listed in the magazine's
annual "America's Best Graduate Schools"
● Biological/Agricultural Engineering: sixth overall and fifth among public universities.
● Higher Education Administration: 13th overall and ninth among publics
● Analytical Chemistry: 14th overall and 14th among publics
● Statistics: 20th overall and 12th among publics
● Printmaking: 20th overall and 13th among publics.
"It is an Iowa State priority to increase the number of graduate, professional and research programs that are among the very best," said David Holger, the dean of Iowa State's Graduate College and associate provost for academic programs. "Rankings are just one measure of that. We focus on developing programs that build on university strengths and address Iowa and global needs."
Other Iowa State graduate programs ranked by the magazine
● Student Counseling and Personnel Services: 22nd overall and 20th among publics
● Materials Engineering: 26th overall and 15th among publics
● Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering: 26th overall and 18th among publics
● Aerospace/Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering: 27th overall and 19th among publics
● Chemical Engineering: 30th overall and 19th among publics
● Civil Engineering: 31st overall and 20th among publics
● Chemistry: 38th overall and 23rd among publics
● Electrical/Electronic/Communications Engineering: 38th overall and 23rd among publics
● Mechanical Engineering: 43rd overall and 25th among publics
● Schools of Engineering: 45th overall and 25th among publics
● Physics: 48th overall and 29th among publics
● Economics: 54th overall and 29th among publics
● Business Schools: 62nd overall and 29th among publics
● Computer Science: 63rd overall and 37th among publics
● Math: 68th overall and 40th among publics
● Psychology: 74th overall and 46th among publics
● Education Programs: 79th overall and 56th among publics
● Biological Sciences: 82nd overall and 47th among publics
● Part-Time MBA: 83rd overall and 40th among publics
● Earth Sciences: 89th overall and 60th among publics
● Fine Arts: 93rd overall and 52nd among publics
● English: 94th overall and 59th among publics.