Wednesday, January 5 2005
Students organizing tsunami relief project
Iowa State students are organizing a campus-wide, fund-raising effort to aid victims of the South Asian tsunami.
Weather-related notices for Wed. Jan. 5
- The Cyclone women's basketball game vs. Kansas State will begin, as scheduled, at 7 p.m.
- Lied Recreation Athletic Center will be open until 10 p.m. and Beyer Hall and State Gym will be open until 6 p.m.
- The mathematics department will be closed Thursday, Jan. 6.
- The ISU library (Parks and branch facilities) will close at 4 p.m.
- Iowa State University offices are open today. Officials encourage employees to put safety first when determining whether they should travel to campus.
- Reiman Gardens is closed today.
- The Iowa State Daily business, advertising and classified offices are closed today. The newsroom is open.
- Students are on semester break, so no classes are scheduled this week.
- Send weather-related announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Madrigal Dinners Jan. 14-15
The music department's Madrigal Dinners Jan.14-15 will feature a 17th century-style banquet with musicians, dancers and jesters.
Regents Universities Iowa Job Fair Jan. 7
The annual Regents Universities Iowa Job Fair will be held Jan. 7 at the Polk County Convention Complex. The fair, hosted by alumni associations at Iowa State, University of Iowa and the University of Northern Iowa, connects Iowa employers with Iowans seeking jobs